There are things He loves and things He hates.
Now, if our highest calling is to become like Jesus–to be sanctified–then it’s imperative we know what He loves and what He hates and that His loves and hates become our loves and hates.
With that in mind, here are ten things God says He hates:
1. Divorce. Malachi 2:16. (Sorry. I’m just the messenger).
3. Lying. Proverbs 6:16-17. (Yes, lying. He hates it).
4. Killing of the innocent. Proverbs 6:16-17. (Perhaps “innocent” as opposed to soldiers in a war? Bad news for terrorists).
5. Plotting to do evil. Proverbs 6:18. (More bad news for terrorists).
6. Being eager to do evil. Proverbs 6:18. (Some people try to resist doing evil; others run to it).
7. Perjury. Proverbs 6:19. (Under-oath lying).
8. The causing of discord in a family. Proverbs 6:19. (That this made the list shows how much God values the family).
10. Those who love violence. Psalm 11:5. (Should we enjoy violent movies? Don’t know. Just saying…)
Do you hate these things? GS