Those of you who follow this blog know that just a little over two months ago we journeyed to England and Scotland to see the sights and explore the Christian history of both nations.
Well, regular GSB team member, Ann, was unable to make that trip, so The Wife scheduled a cruise to Scotland and Ireland with Ann for later in the summer.
I was supposed to be in trial at the time of the cruise, but when both cases were continued, I became available and the cruise became the next installment in the GSB Travel Journal series.
As always I distributed the reading list early and Ann and The Wife reciprocated by ignoring the list early. What else is new? I will, however, share it with you:
- For Kirk and Covenant: The Stalwart Courage of John Knox, Douglas Wilson
- Ecclesiastical History of the English People, Bede
- Life of St. Columba, Adomnan of Iona
- The Saints of Scotland, E.S. Towill
- How the Irish Saved Civilization, Thomas Cahill
- St. Patrick of Ireland, Philip Freeman
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, David Adam
- The Old Red Sandstone, Hugh Miller