A few days ago, I blogged on 10 things God hates. Thanks to Jesse for a comment in response to that blog suggesting I blog on things God loves.
One way you can become more like Jesus is by hating the things He hates and loving the things He loves. The more you know about someone’s likes and dislikes the better you will know them.
As you go through the lists in these two blogs, consider why God hates what He hates and loves what He loves.
Here are 10 things God loves, in no particular order:
1. A cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7. (A good reason to give)
2. The world. John 3:16. (Interesting that so many Christians are trying to escape the planet the Lord loves and wants to transform).
4. The righteous. Psalm 146:8 (A good reason to pursue holiness).
7. Those who love Him. Deuteronomy 7:9. (Who doesn’t love those who love them?)
8. Those who obey His commands. Deuteronomy 7:9 (Another reason to be obedient).
9. Those who pursue godliness. Proverbs 15:9. (See #4).
10. Those who fear Him. Psalm 103:11. (Respect matters).